SSTAR 2018 Fall Clinical Case Conference
The Immigration of Theory to Practice: Twenty Five Years of Individual and Group Therapy for a Cisgender Gay Man with Out of Control Sexual Behavior
October 5, 2018
New York, NY
The SSTAR 2018 Fall Clinical Case Conference will be held Friday, October 5, 2018, at the Broadway Millennium Hotel in New York. This meeting is designed for practicing sex therapists, psychologists, physicians, advanced practice nurses, marriage and family therapists, clinical social workers, other health care professionals, and researchers seeking state-of-the-art information on the rapidly evolving field of human sexuality. The primary goal of the meeting is to serve as a multidisciplinary forum in which to discuss the clinical assessment and management, ethical and societal issues, and outcome of sex therapy interventions in clinical cases.
Registration and coffee will begin at 8:30 am. The meeting will commence with a welcome message from the President of SSTAR, Kathryn Hall, PhD at 8:50 am.
The morning presentation, The “Too Muchness” of Excitement and the Death of Desire,presented by Galit Atlas, PhD and discussant Daniel Watter, EdD. Click Here to read the full abstract. After attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify links between attachment and sexuality.
- Describe the implications of early attachment for adult sexuality.
- Identify classic themes of seduction and betrayal as they appear in the adult life.
The afternoon presentation, The Immigration of Theory to Practice: Twenty Five Years of Individual and Group Therapy for a Cisgender Gay Man with Out of Control Sexual Behavior, presented by Douglas Braun-Harvey, MFT, CST-S, CST, and discussant Sharon Nathan, PhD, MPH. Click Here to read the full abstract. After attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Describe the appropriate use of the Braun-Harvey & Vigorito OCSB outpatient assessment and treatment protocol for men presenting with consensual, out of control sexual behavior.
- Organize client problematic and out of control sexual behavior within the OCSB Unique Clinical Picture.
- Identify six sexual health principles that provide the framework to develop a client’s vision of sexual health and evaluate treatment outcomes.
- Construct a comprehensive assessment and course of treatment that explores various factors that contribute to OCSB, including self-regulation, attachment patterns and unresolved sexual/erotic identity conflicts.
Registration is now open! Space is limited and only SSTAR members may register beginning June 20, 2018. The registration fee is $275 for members which includes the luncheon. All membership categories pay the same registration fee. Registration is available to non-members beginning on July 20, 2018, on a “space available basis.” The registration fee is $375 for non-members, which includes the luncheon. To register online please Click Here, or to print and mail in the registration form Click Here.
A limited block of rooms has been reserved at the Broadway Millennium Hotel for SSTAR attendees at a rate of $299 per night for a Premier Queen room in the Premier Times Square Tower. Book now to reserve the SSTAR Rate! Please Click Here to reserve your room online. Or call the hotel at 866-448-0478 to make reservations, referenceing the “SSTAR” meeting. Please book your room by Friday, September 14, 2018 to guarantee the SSTAR rate.